Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Site About Schizophrenia

I have been doing some searches for information about schizophrenia online and I have found one that goes by that name. The only problem though is that whenever I have tried to access it parts of the site have been down, especially the discussion forums. A couple of months ago I tried to access the site and I couldn't find it, not even in search engines. Things like this don't help for people who are trying to find answers.

People who hear voices are not perceived to be in their right minds honestly, at least from my experience. One of the most obnoxious things for me is whenever I have tried to tell my close relatives that strange voices talk to me as if they were people, I mean they have a mind of their own and say surprising things to me, they look at me with a concerned look and try to lecture me on how to rest more often and take my medications. I get frustrated because I hear strange things and you sometimes feel like talking back, but how can you, it's voices that you don't know where they're coming from? I also tend to hear voices speak in the second and third person and gives the impression the voices are talking to you or about you; that is a pattern many voice hearers attest to.

I started hearing voices when I worked for a particular employer in a large store. I was also working the grave shift. I once turned in a letter to make it more official that described to my manager that I was hearing voices full blast inside the store which to me sounded as if they originated from the speaker system. The guy was an a**h*le. Once when I was in the receiving area of the store and something that the managers did every morning, walk the store just around the time it was time for me to go home, he stood beside me and actually mumbled gibberish with his mouth closed as I was working.

It is really disheartening when adults act is such an immature manner. I think that is one of the things that has affected me the most, aside from hearing voices. When I first started hearing voices I assumed it was because of hidden cameras and hidden speakers in the environment, I mean, wouldn't that be the most obvious choice? And for the longest time I perceived the voices to be fake. I reasoned, because most of the voices I heard where of coworkers, that my employer was to blame. I also blamed technology, we are not living in the stone age after all. The link to the site is below.

http://schizophrenia.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment